Friday, 22 April 2016

Colour

This poem is inspired the idea of an AU where you see everything in black and white until you meet your soulmate.

You told me to look
At the sky
And see how pretty
The blue was
Today.
I looked up
Expecting grey tones
But saw a brilliant blue
And I gasped
In surprise.
You smiled
Taking my hand
In yours,
You told me there’s
Colour to be found
in everything.
I didn’t mean to
But I laughed aloud
At the thought.
Colour in this grey world?
It was a childish notion.
But you didn’t
Look hurt
You just smiled again,
I’ll show you the colours
You promised me.
I looked into your eyes
And saw that you meant it,
And crazy as it seemed
I believed you,
Because that’s what
Love is.


-Kiya (24-03-16)

I will be posting more stories and poems on my side blog http://starlitstories.blogspot.co.nz/




No comments:

Post a Comment